AntifreezeDesignAntifreezeDesign

Main Games Favorites Reviews Stats 1 Fan

SS - The Math of God SS - The Math of God

Interesting

It'd be nice to have a pause button so we could stop and take a better look at the images. I guess while you're at it, a back and forward button wouldn't be too hard. Maybe it just skips back 100 frames with each click or something.

I'm Nice! I'm Nice!

Nice!

I like it. It reminds me of those brief moments when I actually enjoy watching Noggin with my kids. And I mean that in a good way. (like a good They Might Be Giants Song).

vakavadesigns responds:

Yeah that was a bit of an influence. I was hoping that having a kid's style animation with a lot of craziness happen would make a humorous contrast.

Thanx for reviewin'!

St. Paddy's Day Massacre St. Paddy's Day Massacre

Not so much

I liked the expressions on the face, but beyond that it just wasn't that funny to me. You animations were fun, but I felt like your story lacked wit and interest. We've seen the over-the-top-violence-is-funny thing a lot already. This barely had anything to do with St. Patrick's either, which makes it less funny to me. I think if you collaborate or refine the storyline, your next one will hold higher ratings for longer.

Rapheus responds:

Yeah, I kinda felt the same about this one. There isn't really much to the American St. Patrick's day other than getting smashed on green beer. Ah well, I'm running out of useful holidays.

The Internet You Need The Internet You Need

Agreed!
And who doesn't love a nostalgic romp in classic Ren & Stimpy land.

WGJ4K: Hottest GameChicks WGJ4K: Hottest GameChicks

creeeeeppy.

I'd watch it again just for that head turn!

The Paper Towel Machine The Paper Towel Machine

humorous.

My only complaint is your play button. Your play button was only clickable on the exact letters, which were mighty thin. Making the entire play button area clickable is easy: (I'm assuming you used a "button", not a movie clip)
1. Open your button
2. Go to the hit state frame (frame 4)
3. Draw a solid box to show it where the hit-state will be. This box will be invisible, but will tell the mouse where to react to "over", "down" or "click".

Newton's Laws 101 Newton's Laws 101

disjointed.

If we move beyond the shock-value humor (which is not particularly new in any way), there isn't really much here. The animations were simplistic, which isn't in of itself necessarily a detriment, but they were inconsistent. People were not rendered with the same style as the backgrounds, so it just looked pieced together with little continuity. It's kinda funny, I guess, but personally I'd be happier doing fewer animations and putting more effort into them.

deathfun responds:

You are indeed very correct on the simplicity and the fact they were inconsistent with the chosen background (though in all honesty, I don't think my chosen characters would have fit regardless of how I did them). However, I prefer to look at the whole when dealing with these sort of animations because otherwise, as you stated, you get hardly anything.

The key word in your paragraph is "I'd be happier". That is you, and not myself.

I'll be sure to improve on the consistency towards future animations. (by the way, quite helpful review)

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

Balanced.

As oft mentioned in the other reviews, I agree that it's not games that are the evil, it's your failure to curb your passively chosen vise. I think you made that point well. It could be any addiction. The danger with something like gaming is that it's not usually addictive enough to red-flag us early in our own self-check. It's the long-coming (and difficult fixing) symptoms you mentioned that are unfortunately the wake-up call. Gaming (or anything) would be a lot safer if it gave us acne at the 2 hour mark.

Man Man 2 Man Man 2

Mixed

I give it an 8 for Awesome Show randomness, but for me it's missing the "funny" that makes randomness.... well, funny.

OnionsXD responds:

Taken into consideration....will work on funny

Microcosm Microcosm

Great!

Um. Great! Reminds me of a short story called Flatlanders (I think). Oh, and another movie, obviously.